How To Make Facebook Ad Works For Your Brand? Complete Guide To FB Advertising
- Why Advertise On Facebook?
- Types Of FB Ads
- How To Advertise On Facebook: A Comprehensive Guide
- Specify Your Goal
- Establish The Ad Objective Based On Your Goal
- Target The Appropriate Audience
- Managing A Split Testing
Why Advertise On Facebook?
Facebook appears to be the most popular and the biggest social network ever with 1.32 billion active users daily. We will not be mistaken if say that almost all your potential clients are registered on Facebook and regularly use it. Yet such a huge audience is not always a good thing especially when it comes to boosting your advertising campaign. Luckily, Facebook gives an opportunity to set up the right target group for your kind of business choosing from different layers of targeting (e.g. demographics, location, interests, behaviors etc.), so that you are able to maximize the return on investments.
If you know how Google Ads work, it will not be hard to understand how to handle advertising on Facebook. The ads are evaluated on the auction basis: you make a bet as much as you want to pay per a thousand people who will see your advertisement (cost-per-mille) or per click (cost-per-click). The actual expenses rely on the bets made on the same keywords or demographics by the other advertisers. According to FB, the minimum sum pad per day may vary from $1 to $5. While targeting you may select users by their age, gender, location, interests, language, workplace, education and many other criteria.
Types Of FB Ads
You will find 10 campaign goals on Facebook based on what you want to gain with the ad. They are app installations, brand awareness, conversions, engagement, lead generation, reach, product catalog sales, store visits, traffic and video views. Now that you understand your goal, you may choose from advertisement formats:
- Photo FB ads. Make sure the image contains less than 20% of the text, so it will be distributed more widely.
- Video FB ads. To reach a massive engagement, the video should be done properly, correspond to the requirements and attract with the curious plot and sequence of the story.
- Slideshow FB ads guarantee 85% increase in response to ad spend and 40% higher CTR in comparison with photo Facebook ads.
- FB Carousel ads let you showcase up to 10 images or videos with own link each. This format enables to reach different goals and may be used by any kind of business.
- FB Collection ads allow providing different products in one collection.
- FB Canvas ads are good for emphasizing landscape if the company is somehow connected with nature.
- FB Lead ads help to receive leads resulting in sales of your products.
How To Advertise On Facebook: A Comprehensive Guide
Prior to launching your ad campaign make sure that you have a Facebook business page. If not, you have to create it first. If you are all set, let’s start.
Specify Your Goal
Before everything you should clearly understand what you want to get to with Facebook ad: either generate more leads or draw more subscribers.
Establish The Ad Objective Based On Your Goal
The Facebook ad is grounded on three levels: campaign, ad set and ad itself. On basic campaign level, you should select an objective among Awareness, Consideration, and Conversion offered by Facebook. This first step is most important: your advertisement success will depend on it.
Work rearward from the goal you’ve specified for your Facebook ad campaign. If you want to increase your brand recognition or the interest in your product, go ahead with Awareness category. In case you want to enhance traffic on your brand page, then pick Consideration objective. And if you want to encourage the audience to buy the products or services you offer, opt for one of the Conversion objectives.
Target The Appropriate Audience
Targeting can make or break your ad campaign. That is why you should pay a special attention to it. Here you can set a price of your advertisement and select who will see it. As we’ve already mentioned, Facebook gives you a chance to target the audience by different criteria e.g. location, age, gender, interests which are chosen by most marketers. Let’s take a closer look at each of them:
- Location means to target individuals by their country, state, city and zip code. Be careful with putting a city option, if you choose it, you may not be able to add cities of various countries and will have to create multiple campaigns.
- Gender is a pretty simple choice. Yet we recommend monitoring your existing audience. If men are the majority target by only them.
- Age criterion is offered by range.
- Interests can be chosen between general categories (e.g. Business and Industry, Food and Drink, Entertainment and other) or specific interests. Marketers advise to pick precise interests, so the advertisement will achieve the audience you have a mutual concern with.
The ad consists of headline, body, and image. The headline should be concise and showy. Adding a question to it may be a perfect decision. Body refers to a short text you want to be read by your audience. Thus, it needs to be convincing to encourage the user to click on the ad. If you want to add some advanced options, Facebook offers CTA buttons. Images and their quality require more attention. The suggested size of the picture is 1200×628 pixels with little to no text overlaid; photo of people tends to convert better. Whether you are advertising a brand page, use the header and profile image. When creating an advertisement that works remember that simplicity is the much better solution.
Managing A Split Testing
Bottom line is that you ought to analyze each advertising campaign to learn which configurations, audiences and ad placements bring the best results for your brand. Fortunately, Facebook has implemented a split testing function for such a goal and suggests 3 things to test: delivery optimization, audience, and placement. Delivery optimization gives you an understanding of how various delivery methods and bets work for you. Audience test shows how your campaigns do for two different target groups. Placement test lets you select the best set of placements including feed or right-hand column, or even iPhone vs Android users.